eTopics for FoCUS
The eTopic course is a theoretical, scientifically-sound, highly interactive course. eTopics for FoCUS (Focused Cardiac UltraSound) is a methodological evaluation of the patient in shock. This course is designed for clinicians who wish to improve their diagnostic and interpretive skills in the management of the critically ill patient. The course will review the primary etiologies of shock, including:
Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Exam (FoCUS Exam) is a methodological evaluation of the patient in shock, utilizing ultrasound. This course is designed for clinicians who wish to improve their diagnostic and interpretive skills in the management of the critically ill patient.
The course will review the primary etiologies of shock, including:
- Severe Hypovolemia
- Indirect Signs of Pulmonary Embolism
- Severe LV Dysfunction
- 2-D Evidence of Severe Valvular Dysfunction
- Ultrasound Pattern of Septic Shock
- The course includes a pre and post-test and 8 topic modules utilizing ultrasound clips and images
- The learning process is engaging and interactive,
- Each module ranges between 45-75 minutes, for a total of 8-10 hours for the complete eTopic course utilizing features such as multiple response / multiple choice questions, hot-spots and drag & drop
Emergency medicine clinicians, Critical Care clinicians, Pediatricians, Pulmonologists, Internists and Hospitalists
Users will have access to the course for a period of 3 months from the date of purchase
Click here to view an eTopic demo
Here is the course outline:
FoCUS ASSESSMENT OF LV SYSTOLIC FUNCTION
Assessment of LV systolic function with the FoCUS examination.
FoCUS EVALUATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM
FoCUS assessment of the presence of pulmonary embolism.
FoCUS ASSESSMENT OF SEVERE HYPOVOLEMIA
Assessment of severe hypovolemia with the FoCUS exam.
FoCUS ASSESSMENT OF TAMPONADE
Assessment of tamponade with the FoCUS exam.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|eMedical Course Completion|